HOMEOPATHY IN MARSDEN, WEST YORKSHIRE
SERVING HUDDERSFIELD, SADDLEWORTH AND OLDHAM AREAS
Homeopathy is a gentle, holistic healing system that is suitable for all ages. It treats the individual as a whole: instead of dealing with a specific symptom, a homeopath finds the root causes and deals with that. As a result a recurrence is less likely. Two patients exhibiting the same symptoms might be treated very differently.
Homeopathy has a wide application, from acute fevers, sore throats and toothache, to chronic illnesses such as arthritis, eczema, asthma, anxiety, mild depression and chronic fatigue syndrome. It is now the second most widely used medicinal approach in the world.
Homeopathy was developed by the German physician named Samuel Hahnemann during the late 18th century and is widely accepted as a valid treatment throughout the world. He formed his theory "like treats like", or the Law of Similars, which states that when a substance in large doses causes certain symptoms, in small doses it can cure the same symptoms.
The first known use of homeopathic-like treatment was by Hippocrates in Ancient Greece, known as the "father of medicine". He discovered that the best way to treat recurring vomiting was with a diluted emetic. In 2000, homeopathy was recognized by the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology as one of the five 'Group One' therapies, having an individual diagnostic approach.
In much the same way that conventional medicine treats allergies with allergens, or mild forms of viruses inoculate against disease, homeopathy is based on the theory of "like treats like".
A minutely diluted natural substance is prescribed which, if it were given in a full dose, would most likely cause the symptom being treated. This dilution is often in the millionths of a fraction, so there are no potential ill-effects. It is completely safe, even for children, pregnant women and sensitive patients.
Benefits of homeopathy
- Homeopathy is extremely effective: when taking the correct remedy, the results can be rapid and permanent.
- Homeopathy is completely safe: remedies can be taken alongside other medications without producing side effects.
- Homeopathy is natural: remedies are based on natural ingredients.
- Homeopathy works in harmony with your body: it supports and boosts your immune system, rather than working against it, making the longer-term prognosis more effective.
- Homeopathic remedies are not addictive: patients typically stop taking the remedies once the symptoms are relieved.
- Homeopathy is holistic: it treats all the symptoms as one, which in practical terms means that it addresses the cause, not the symptoms. This often means that symptoms tackled with homeopathy are far less likely to recur.
An initial visit can take up to 1½ hours. Because I treat the person rather than the illness, I will interview you at length, asking questions and observing personality traits as well as unusual behavioural and physical symptoms.
Determining the person's condition also includes a physical examination and, in some circumstances, laboratory work.
Initial 1½ hour consultation and treatment: £70
Subsequent 30-minute follow-up consultations: £45
Initial 1-hour consultation and treatment: £60
Subsequent 30-minute follow-up consultations: £35
In some circumstances, follow-up consultations can be provided by telephone. Please ask me in advance if you would like to make use of this facility.
If you are unable to make your appointment, please let me know as early as possible. Cancellations will incur a fee of £25 if notified less than 24 hours from the time of the appointment.
BOOK A SESSION NOW
If you would like to book a homeopathy consultation, please email me or complete this form. I always aim to reply to you within a day. The sessions are held at Evolving Therapy in Marsden, West Yorkshire.